Whether you have tied the knot with an Australian citizen, a permanent resident in Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand, planning in marrying one or having a relation with one then you can apply for spouse or partner visa for Australia from us at Immigration Xperts. However, you should be sponsored via your Australian de-facto or an independent partner aged 18 years and above and the period of sponsorship should be for at least 2 years.
Partner/spouse visa for Australia and its general requirements
Some of the general requirements for a partner or spouse visa for Australia are as follows,
- Your sponsor should be a permanent resident of Australia, citizen of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand
- Both you and your sponsor should be aged 18 years and above
- You should be in a relationship or married to the sponsoring partner. The relationship should be at least for 1 year
- You need to submit a proof of your marriage or relationship that is genuine and satisfactory and this you can do so by offering documentation such as joint bank statements or photos amid others
Types of partner visa
Partner or spouse visa is of two types, namely temporary and permanent.
Temporary- while applying for a spouse visa from outside Australia it will be necessary to receive it outside Australia. On the contrary, if you have applied for it while in Australia then you need to be present in the country while receiving it. When you will be offered a temporary spouse visa, then you will be capable of,
- Traveling Australia in and out till the decision is made for the permanent visa.
- Can live and work with your partner in Australia
Permanent- while applying for the permanent spouse visa from outside Australia it will be necessary to receive it outside Australia. On the contrary, if you have applied for it while in Australia then you need to be present in the country while receiving it. The permanent residence in most cases will not be offered before 2 years since the time of application. But if you fulfil certain criteria, then you can be granted with the permanent visa. In fact the 2 years waiting period for the permanent stay can be revoked, especially while applying for the visa you fulfil the following,
- Both you and your partner have been in a relationship for 5 years and more and this includes both as a married couple or de facto partners.
- Both you as well as your partner are married or are in the de facto relationship for a minimum of 2 years as well as have children.
The visa fees will rest on the visa type that you apply for. The general visa needs like character clearance and health, the Australian values statement, the minimum 18 years of age should be met for lodging a visa application. To know more about a partner or spouse visa get in touch with us at the earliest.